Based in London, we are looking for Aviation Safety Engineers to manage a number of technology research, prototype and trial work packages in the Iris programme.
- Lead development of aviation safety network architectures, technology roadmaps, concepts, high level requirements, preliminary design and trade studies
- Perform gap analysis on current systems to recommend architecture, design and planning of complex custom software solutions or modifying package solutions, creating synergies across the function
- Specify and run competitive procurements, for a number of activities, amongst industrial partners, and once the awarded manage the subcontractor’s work through to completion.
- Lead the development and implementation of systems, which will entail specification, procurement, validation, with support from technical experts within the Technology and Operations teams
- Ensure that the work by contractors satisfies quality standards, proactively take corrective action where necessary
- Strong technical relationships with stakeholders
Required qualifications and skills:
- University degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Strong experience in communications systems design, network and security architecture engineering.
- Strong analytical capability, able to conduct system engineering and technology trade-offs
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Telecommunications Network (ATN).
- Knowledge of Communication security risk assessment and architecture definition
- Knowledge on cyber security
- Good knowledge of software development and engineering techniques
- Technically fluent in telecommunications technologies, an understanding of IP-based mobile networking technologies and satellite systems backbone
- Knowledge in Aeronautical standard (e.g. ARINC) and Certification Processes is a plus
- Knowledge of Air traffic DataLink Services implementation and architecture is a plus
- Analytic skills: ability to build and structure an analysis, manage trending, detect patterns
- Ability to learn fast and understand complex technologies, environment and services
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, good reporting and presentations
- High command in English, other European language is a plus
- Problem Solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team player, autonomy and ability to work with remote teams
- Hands-on approach and Customer Focus
- Work permit in UK
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation according to background
- Continuous training and permanent technological and soft skills updating
- You will join a highly specialized company in aviation industry and you will be part of a team that works with cutting-edge technologies in the sector
- Please apply for this vacancy sending your CV in English to: email@example.com
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Obizco SRL using and storing information relating to your application or future employment